What you need:
- 20 minutes for USB installer creation.
- To create the USB installer, a PC, Mac or Chromebook running the Chrome browser.
- An 8GB or 16GB USB stick.
Before starting this guide, you must download the .zip file that contains CloudReady. Download the CloudReady .zip file to your standard downloads folder, not a USB device.
- If you are a user of the free Home Edition, you can download it here.
- If you are using a trial of any other CloudReady edition, or are a current customer, your installation files can be downloaded from my.neverware.com. Please contact email@example.com if you have purchased CloudReady and do not have access to my.neverware.com .
- You can start a free 3 week trial of the Education and Enterprise editions of CloudReady at go.neverware.com/signup.
This guide assumes that you have downloaded your image and that it is in your Downloads folder.
In order to function properly, CloudReady needs to communicate with several Neverware services. Test your network here:
Every computer is different. Some don’t support dual-boot, and many require specific steps to enable installation. Please check that your computer model is on our Certified Models List. Click on a model for specific notes and information. If your model is not on the list, there is a good chance that it will still work with CloudReady. However, uncertified models may have unstable behavior, and our support team cannot assist you with troubleshooting.