Working From Windows
Unzip the CloudReady file
1. Navigate to your Downloads folder in Windows Explorer. Double click the CloudReady .zip file that you downloaded, and extract the .bin file that is inside.
Install and Launch the Chromebook Recovery Utility
To create your CloudReady USB installer, you need to add the Chromebook Recovery Utility to your browser.
1. Locate and click the blue "Add to Chrome" button at the top right corner of the page.
2. The Chromebook Recovery Utility will be installed in your browser, and will show up on the Apps Page.
Create the USB Installer
1. Launch the app and click on the blue Get Started button.
2. Locate the gray gear icon on the top right of the window.
3. Click the gray gear icon and choose Use local image.
4. Locate the CloudReady .bin file and follow the instructions on the screen. When prompted, insert your 8GB or 16GB USB flash drive. During the process, it is normal for the utility to show unusual percentages.
5. When the process is completed, remove the USB flash drive from your computer. Your USB flash drive is now a CloudReady installer, and is ready to use!