Working from a Chromebook
Unzip the CloudReady file
1. Make sure the CloudReady file you downloaded (ending in .zip) is in your Downloads folder or a similar location on your Chromebook’s internal storage.
2. Double click the image file so that it shows as a folder on the left-hand side of your Files app.
3. Click the zip file on the left hand side of your Files app, and copy the “.bin” file inside to your Downloads folder. This may take a few minutes depending on the performance of your Chromebook. One the .bin file is in your Downloads folder, you are ready to create a CloudReady USB installer!
Install and launch the Chromebook Recovery Utility
Download and add the Chromebook Recovery Utility extension to your Chrome browser:
1. Locate the blue "Add to Chrome" button on the top right hand corner of the page.
2. The Chromebook Recovery Utility will be installed in your browser, and will show up on the Apps launcher.
Create the USB Installer
1. Launch the app and click on the blue Get Started button.
2. Locate the gray gear icon on the top right of the window.
3. Click the gray gear icon and choose Use local image.
4. Locate the CloudReady zip file you downloaded and follow the instructions on the screen. When prompted, insert your 8GB or 16GB USB flash drive. During the process, it is normal for the utility to show unusual percentages.
5. When the process is completed, remove the USB flash drive from your computer. Your USB flash drive is now a CloudReady installer, and is ready to use!