Automatic USB Maker
The CloudReady USB Maker is our recommended method for creating a CloudReady USB installer. It guides you through the process of making a bootable CloudReady USB to prevent issues and save time.
Alternate instructions for manually creating a USB installer are available for Windows, Mac, and Chrome. See the navigation menu to the left to select your OS in one of the "Manual Steps" sections.
The machine you use to create your USB installer does not need to match the one(s) you plan to install CloudReady on, so even if you are a Mac or Chrome OS user, we recommend temporarily switching to a Windows computer to create your CloudReady USB installer.
First, make sure you've downloaded the correct version of the CloudReady USB Maker:
- Current CloudReady Customers or Trialers: If you are a current CloudReady customer, or have already signed up for a trial, download the USB Maker from my.neverware.com on the Downloads tab.
- CloudReady Home Users: If you are an individual user and don't need support or management, download the USB Maker for our free Home Edition here.
- Locate & launch: After downloading, open your Downloads location and double click the "cloudready-usb-maker" application, as shown below, to launch it. Your downloaded file should appear similar to what is shown below.
- Accept Administrative Prompt: This application requires administrative privileges, so make sure to choose "Yes" on any security prompts from Windows, like the one seen below:
The CloudReady USB Maker will launch and guide you through the rest of the steps. Follow along with the USB Maker's instructions below. When the application is finished creating your CloudReady bootable USB drive, you can remove your USB stick and proceed to the Install & Setup portion of this guide.
- Verify USB Requirements: Make sure you have at USB stick of either 8 GB or 16 GB capacity. It takes approximately 20 minutes to create the installer:
- Login to my.neverware.com (Enterprise & Education Editions Only): Login using your my.neverware.com credentials or choose 'Sign-in with Google' if you're using a G-Suite account for your my.neverware.com login.
- Image Selection: Choose between 64-bit & 32-bit. Select 64-bit and choose Next
-We strongly recommend using the 64-bit version. 32-bit will become end of life in August 2019. Read More
-Enterprise and Education edition customers may see additional image choices, based on their entitlements in my.neverware.com
-The screen below will appear differently based on edition of the USB maker (Enterprise/Education vs. Home)
- USB Drive Insertion: Insert your USB drive while acknowledging that USB disks manufactured by Sandisk are generally not recommended due to inconsistent performance (learn more about this issue here.) Click Next >
- Select Target Device: Select the target USB device to format and use as your CloudReady installation device.
*Note: Clicking Next will permanently erase all existing data on the target USB device. Proceed with caution!
- Extraction and bootable USB creation: In the next few screens of the installer, the USB maker will automatically download, extract, format, and create a bootable USB device for you use to install CloudReady on your target devices.
- USB Creation Complete: Once the automated USB installer has finished its job, you’ll be presented with the following screen. Choose to make another device by clicking on ‘Make Another USB’ or click ‘Finish’ if you are done.